Friday, September 4, 2009

Prayer

Prayer is something I have always struggled with. Many things pop in my mind when I think of why I struggle. What if my prayers are not of God's will? What if I'm asking for something that's too much? If God is unchanging....what GOOD are my prayers?

I haven't really faced those questions. But I know that right now in this season...I am being called to pray. There have been countless situations in the past two weeks that are so huge and crazy that all I can do is pray.

I'm a doer. I like to fix things and I like when I'm in control. But what God has shown me is that there are situations where all I really can do is pray...because these things are completely out of my hands.

And as I sign on to be a student leader at the Inn this year on the prayer team, I understand now why God has placed me there. He wants to change me into a 1 Thessalonians 5:17 prayer, if you will. One who prays without ceasing.

So pray for me as I learn to pray more. Please


Be joyful always; pray without ceasing; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:17

No comments:

Post a Comment